Join the Evolution: 10 Reasons to Choose Hemp.
At Living Harvest, we see food as fuel, not stripped down. And why hemp? Hemp is nature’s most perfect food in its pure form.
1. Hemp is non-dairy, vegan and one of the best, quality sources of plant-based nutrition.
2. Hemp is one of the densest sources of nutrition with nearly two-thirds of its nutrients deemed essential.
3. Hemp has no known allergens.
4. Hemp contains the EFA’s, Essential Fatty Acids (often called the good fats) Omega-3 and Omega-6 (with SDA and GLA, respectively) in the balanced 1:3 ratio nature intended. In fact, 92% of the fat content in Tempt Hempmilk is Omega EFA’s. EFAs are essential because our body cannot create them, yet needs them to function, and so we must get them from our food. EFA’s are required for energy production, brain development and function, skin health, and digestive efficiency.
5. Super Omegas Stearidonic Acid (SDA) and Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) help your body convert the benefits of Omega-3 and Omega-6 EFA’s more efficiently. SDA and GLA help everyone maximize the benefits of Omega EFA’s. You know you’re getting a good thing from hemp seeds – SDA and GLA are not found in flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, soybeans, pumpkin seeds, canola oil, corn oil, almonds, walnuts, or hazelnuts.
6. Hemp contains all 10 Essential Amino Acids, the building blocks of protein. Like EFAs, these are deemed essential because our body needs them to function and cannot create them, so we must get them from our food.
7. Hemp is also high in magnesium, iron, potassium, fiber and phytonutrients, plus natural antioxidants like vitamin E.
8. Hemp oils and non-dairy products provide healthy, organic alternatives in both cooking and baking - lowering fat and cholesterol levels and upping vitamin and mineral content in many of your favorite recipes.
9. Hemp is sustainable and grown without pesticides.
10. Hemp requires about half the water as other agricultural crops and does not deplete soil of nutrients as many crops do.