When I randomly happened upon the combo of blackberries and pear one day, I was hooked. Both fruits contain impressive amounts of fiber, so this smoothie is great for digestion. Hemp protein pairs especially nicely with pear, too.
- 1 frozen ripe banana, broken into chunks
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 large ripe pear, peeled if desired, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 2 pitted dates (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth. Add a few ice cubes and blend again if a colder smoothie or thicker texture is desired. Serve immediately.
Yield: about 3 cups
Per cup: 140 calories, 1.6g fat (trace sat), 30.9g carbs, 7g fiber, 4g protein
- Almond milk: any other nondairy milk
- Hemp protein: any other vegan protein powder
- Dates: 1 tablespoon agave nectar, coconut nectar, any other liquid sweetener, or stevia to taste
From Practically Raw: Flexible Raw Recipes Anyone Can Make by Amber Shea Crawley, (c) 2012. Used by permission.