Growing up, one of my favorite afternoon snacks was chocolate pudding. This smooth, creamy little treat always makes me feel a little bit like a kid again. Especially when I look into the mirror and realize I have a nice glob of it smeared next to my lip! Unfortunately, the chocolate pudding I grew up on is not very healthy. In addition to that, I generally avoid eating dairy products, and it's hard to find a dairy-free version that isn't just as processed as the real stuff.
Luckily, I found that avocado and Tempt hemp milk makes for a delicious base for a super-simple homemade 3 minute pudding at home! It makes for a wonderful dessert, or even an afternoon snack! This recipe is loaded with essential fatty acids, and essential amino acids, which are important because our bodies do not produce them.
When I leave out the chocolate so I can share this with my one year old toddler! And in all honesty, I believe this taste 100% better than the store bought stuff I enjoyed when I was 10.
Nutty Chocolate Pudding
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 medium very ripe banana
- 3 Tablespoons shelled hemp seeds
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened vanilla Tempt hemp milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon all-natural peanut butter, crunchy (you could substitute sun butter or 1/2 Tablespoon more coconut oil if allergic)
- 1 Tablespoon 60% cacao vegan chocolate chips (or cacao nibs)
- a few drops of liquid stevia, to taste (optional)
Place all ingredients in your food processor or high speed blender. Share, or save it all for yourself! Be sure to check the mirror after you lick the spatula clean.